Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Progress on the Celtic Knot Quilt

Have been busy lately with trying to get my Celtic blocks finished and although I've had my quilt plan ready for ages I couldn't make the final decision on how to set the blocks.
After playing with my new EQ7 programme I went back to the old plan that used good old paper, pencils and calculator.









Once I started putting it together the fabric took over and although I didn't intend to make a purple quilt somehow this happened!



I'm really pleased how it all went together, as I had made my calculations months ago but just took a deep breath and made the patterns - then amazingly all the pieces went together perfectly without any squeezing or stretching!

Now to hand quilt it ready for next year's show.....




Have also changed my sewing room - I realised that my cosy corner of the bedroom was just not big enough so have decamped to the games room downstairs and can now make even more mess than before.

I even found a use for the pool table which makes a great cutting table (covered with a board, of course!)











I also discovered my miniature quilts that have been lying, forgotten, in the bottom of a drawer!

No comments:

Post a Comment