Saturday, 20 September 2014

Portraits

I've wanted to make a quilted portrait for a while and decided to have a go a few days ago using a photo of my son, Alex. I used a free ipad app called 'Poster Me' which changed the photo into four layers that I could enlarge, print and then trace onto Vliesofix.
It was an easy process and the advantage of using a free app is that it is very simple and easy to use for a first attempt.
I'm very happy with the result and it actually looks like Alex!

I'm also enjoying free motion quilting and each time it gets easier!

3 comments:

  1. Well done Phil! Your FMQ looks great, as does your quilt. Does Alex like it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You managed all that in the last few days?! Wow! I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a bit like painting by numbers...

    ReplyDelete