Screen Printing

Getting ready for a textile painting workshop in Melbourne next week and I wanted to take a small silk screen with me to practice printing. All the ready made screens were expensive so I decided to have a go at making my own mini screen.

I bought a small art canvas from a cheap shop (one with the wooden frame behind) for $4, some sheer man made material (no idea what it is) in a remnant box for a few dollars (have enough to make 10 screens) and some duct tape. 

I cut the canvas off the wood frame and stretched the sheer fabric tightly over (I used a staple gun but for a quick fix the duct tape would hold it).

Then I covered the frame with duct tape, taking the tape slightly over where the sheer fabric and frame meet at the back and front. 

                                   
                                   

I'll let you know if this works...

Comments