Illumination in Progress

Spent the day in my sewing room today for the first time in ages, as I needed to get on with my guild's challenge quilt. The theme is 'Illumination' and I decided to use my favourite technique to make a half light portrait. That went well, but next I had to bite the bullet and get my sweet 16 into action. I've been ignoring this monster because I had some thread and tension issues in the early days of ownership and then I got too scared to try again. Spent a frustrating afternoon with skipped stitches and breaking thread before I realised I'd put the needle in backwards!
Thanks must go to Rhonda Bracey's 'at random' blog for instructions on how to use the Handiquilter bobbin winder (shows how little I've used the machine since I bought it as I haven't needed to wind a bobbin!). There is a wealth of info on her blog for all things sweet 16.
Anyway I've managed to free motion appliqué around the shapes and hopefully will do the fun quilting tomorrow...







Comments