'Life's A Beach' finished!

My group's shoe-box challenge has to be ready to show next week at our Christmas Lunch and my quilt just needed a few finishing touches. All the appliques were added by my friends onto my background sky, sea and sand, except for a few extras that I couldn't resist adding. I free motioned most of the quilt but the border was my first attempt at quilting circles using the Westalee circle rulers. They are fantastic and work with my Janome ruler foot perfectly. It does take a bit of practice to get neat lines but I got better as I went along.


Comments

  1. This photo does not do the donkey's furry little tummy justice. It is such a fun quilt, Phil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the donkey is growing on me. I'm putting the quilt in the group category at QWest and I bet the white glove ladies will have a challenge stopping everyone stroking him!

      Delete

Post a Comment