Quilting Sneak Peek


I haven't posted for a while because I've been rushing to get on with my 'Fair Trade' quilt. The deadline for the QuiltWest exhibition was fast approaching and I needed to get the top put together ready to photograph for the entry form. I had a number of elements that needed to be put together in the most pleasing way but this was a really difficult decision to make. It took a couple of weeks of rearranging everything to get to the stage where I was reasonably happy with the result. Reassurance was given by two friends and then I was ready to baste and start to quilt.
I'm happy to say that the quilting side of things has gone really well and I've got all the appli-quilting done (appli-quilting is my name for stitching the applique down at the same time as doing the quilting, although someone else might have come up with the term first...). Now I just need to do the background and border quilting when I get back from the AQC in Melbourne.
I decided to use my trusty Janome for this quilt as I haven't had chance to practice on my sweet 16... 

Comments

  1. I know teh deadline pressure feeling. I am fretting as I have to sew one binding, three hanging sleeves and three quilt bags before hand-in date!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment