Scary!

My contemporary quilt group has another challenge on the go. We are all going to make a portrait of ourselves that will form part of the CQG display at next year's QuiltWest.
The brief was for an A3 portrait that reflects your personality/character or says something about your background. I must have been in a bad mood when I made this last week but it really does sum up how I was feeling at the time. Bet you can guess which photo I used...
I used my usual technique for portraits (vliesofix mainly...) and tried out a good way of finishing the edge that I learnt in a recent workshop with Susan Carlson (I used this as a sample for a talk on quilt finishes - hence the label!). She glues motifs and shapes to the edge of her quilts, then glues them to the back. I found it worked just as well with Vliesofix. I also made one of Susan's fishy quilts with another one of her clever edges.
It has been suggested that I try a second portrait in the hope that I will catch myself smiling for once!





Comments