Work in Progress 1 - 'Bowled Over'

In my 'work in progress' drawer I recently uncovered an applique quilt that I started a year or so ago and decided I needed to finish it.
It began as a hand project that I could take to sewing meetings etc. and I really loved trying a different method from my usual needle-turn applique technique. This is fused, raw edged hand appliqued using a variety of different embroidery stitches that I used when I made my recent felt flowers wall hanging.
I was stalling with this project because I needed to mark, cut and fuse the applique ready to stitch, which involved taking a day to do.
Of course, as soon as I had the final three blocks prepared, I got all enthusiastic again and am happily hand stitching the remaining blocks. As usual I can't wait to get on to the hand quilting...






Comments