Dear Jane Triangles

Ok, the race is on again Granny Maud's Girl... I have been busy getting myself back to drafting and cutting out some triangles. I've only sewn four but once I get into the rhythm I won't be able to stop!
I'm also planning on drafting some new triangles as I'm not keen on some of the original ones.
Being an organised person I've also worked out a good way to keep these prepared pieces ready for stitching...

Originally, when I cut out the squares, I put each block into a zip lock bag with a picture of the block inside so that I would know how to put the jigsaw back together again.
 But to avoid having to have the book or the triangle picture on hand I decided to put each triangle's fabric pieces in the correct place on a white A4 sheet of paper which I then slipped inside a plastic folder. Somehow the plastic's static keeps the pieces in place ready to be sewn. It keeps the prepared triangles flat so they are easy to transport without the tiny pieces getting mixed up. I'm sure someone else has already thought of this but it was a light bulb moment for me!


Comments

  1. Eek! I had better get moving, pull my Dear Jane stuff out and make a few more. I have temporarily stalled while I work on other things.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment