Left-over Dye Day

After the dyeing session last week we had a number of jars of dye stock left over which I brought home to use up ( waste not want not....). I bought some white homespun (15 meters) which was on sale and thought I would only be able to dye a few meters and have spare fabric left over for later projects. But somehow the dye stock kept magically replenishing itself and I used up all my fabric plus two extra meters I had in the cupboard!
All careful measuring of last week went out of the window and I soon had a production line where I mixed colours with gay abandon. Not even the cleaning cloths were wasted-  as soon as one looked pretty I changed for a new one. I squidged, rolled, folded, tied and scrunched without making any notes of what I did and when or what colours I used. Completely unscientific!
So I now have a million bags of dyed fabric curing till tomorrow and then the exciting time of discovering what comes out of all the bags and the boring bit of rinsing and washing...

Comments