Practice, Practice, Practice on the Sweet 16

I've decided to try and spend half an hour a day on my new sweet 16, as I know that any teething troubles I've had (and there have been plenty!) are down to me rather than the machine. I think I've sorted out the thread breaking and tension issues now (thanks to Rhonda Bracey's At Random blog..) and am almost ready to work on a real quilt, but first I want to get completely comfortable with the machine. Here are my first practice pieces - ruler work and some feathers. 




Comments

  1. They are pretty fancy for practice pieces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you never know how they will turn out till you get stuck in. Luckily these worked out nicely but the tension was a problem so I wouldn't want to have gone straight onto something special....

      Delete

Post a Comment