Durham Strippy

I've just finished a hand quilted 'Durham Strippy' which is in the style of quilts from the north of England. I decided to premark the quilting patterns, as that is the traditional way of preparing to quilt, using a pencil and light box. Unfortunately the marks disappeared too quickly and I ended up marking the quilt top twice before giving up and going back to the way I usually work, which is to mark as I go once the quilt is in the hoop.




I love the crispness of the blue and white fabric and how the quilting designs flow down each strip. I did make a serious error though, when quilting the feather strips - one feather has a nice double spine which I usually do, but the second one is a single line. I didn't realise the mistake until the whole thing was quilted. Oh well...

Comments