Quilted Cards

My friend Meg at ourhousequilts is a whiz at making beautiful gift cards using liberty fabrics.
I thought I would have a go but I made two mistakes...first I cut the strips too thin, before cutting them a more generous 1". Then I cut the triangles wrong. Look carefully how Meg in her tutorial cuts hers (I ended up with 4 identical pieces rather than the two sets of pairs. That gave me a moments confusion before I realised what I had done wrong...)
As I was sewing I thought they would never look as good as Meg's but it's amazing the difference a plastic sleeve makes - very professional looking and ready to give as a gift.
Go to Meg's tutorial quilted-cards to find out the right way to make them.





Comments

  1. These look lovely, Phil, I don't know what you think you did wrongly. They look different, which is a good thing. (Also, I have my eye on a couple of those interesting Liberty's that I don't have.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment