A Family Portrait 1

 During the covid lockdown, I made a quilt for my family back in the UK.  It was taken from a lovely portrait of my nephews and niece and was perfect inspiration for a pictorial quilt. 


I used mainly cotton fabrics (lots of batik) fused onto a black background, then raw edged applique under a  tulle overlay to finish. I especially enjoyed quilting as my Sweet sixteen worked a treat and the end result was just as I wanted.
Below are some images of the work in progress


The reverse drawing


Work station set up


I started with the table


Worked on Catherine


getting a bit messy...





looking like real people now...


The fencing was a dream with my wood print fabric


tricky doing the tree in the background


added leaves but still looked wrong























Comments